The World Punjabi Congress held a three day 30th International Conference on Punjabi literature and culture in Lahore from 14th to 16th February, 2020. A declaration committee was formed headed by Fakhar Zaman Chairman World Punjabi Congress with members including Dr. Deepak Manmohan Singh President Indian chapter WPC, Prof. Gurbhajan Singh and Sehajpreet Mangat. The following declaration was issued on the last day of the conference;
1. In Pakistani Punjab, Punjabi should be given the rightful place. It should be taught at the primary level and spoken in the Punjab legislature. The first ever Punjabi university should be established in Lahore. The curriculums in the colleges and the university of Punjabi language should be revised and made modern according to the changes in Punjabi language.
2. The Punjabi language should shun the attitude of purism and should be more understandable in India and Pakistan.
3. The opening of Kartarpur corridor is appreciable because it was the old demand of WPC. The visas between the two countries should be liberalized. The Samjhota Express between India and Pakistan and Bus service between Amritsar and Lahore should be resumed, there should be dialogue between the two countries about the long pending disputes including Kashmir and relations should be normalized between the two neighboring countries.
4. There should be a full paper of Gurmukhi in M.A Punjabi in Punjab University Lahore and similarly a full paper on Shahmukhi in Indian Universities.
5. There should be more cultural & literary exchanges between India and Pakistan, especially between the two Punjab.
6. Senior citizens of Pakistan and India should be issued visa on arrival at the border, like previous practice.
7. All languages spoken in Pakistan are the national languages of Pakistan.
World Punjabi Congress